Thursday, June 26, 2008

Iran: US request for a diplomatic office in Teheran would be 'deceitful'
Iranian parliament speaker Ali Larijani on Thursday called reports of US plans to set up a diplomatic presence in Iran a "deceitful rumor."

I'd say that's a ridiculous idea as well. In fact, I'd only propose a "diplomatic office" in Teheran if I was trying to put up a smokescreen - to keep the price of oil down, and before going to war with Iran. Then later I could claim that I made a last ditch effort to diplomatically stop Iran's uranium enrichment, but Iran was not interested.

Iran is killing American soldiers in Iraq. The US is in an undeclared war with Iran. Does it make logical sense that America would want to set up a 'diplomatic office' in the heart of Teheran? Pity the people who would have to staff that office. They probably wouldn't ever leave that office again with their heads intact.

2 comments:

New_Beginning said...

I'll definately NOT be volunteering for that assignment!
NB

Endtime said...

NB,
Don't blame you a bit! If it comes true (I doubt it), that would be a "444-day hostage crisis" all over again...or a quick beheading.