Tuesday, December 11, 2007


The Holy Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and walk along beside the carriage.” Acts 8:29


17 ‘In the last days,’ God says,
‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.
18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on my servants—men and women alike—
and they will prophesy.
19 And I will cause wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below—
blood and fire and clouds of smoke.
20 The sun will become dark,
and the moon will turn blood red
before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives.
21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved.’
Acts 2: 17-21

I've never been a big "signs and wonders" guy, but lately I've intentionally asked God for confirmation that we are in the last days, and that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing in my service to Him. Another blogger (I'll protect his anonymity) pointed me to an online discussion forum where an individual asked God for a sign of Christ's return, and subsequently he kept waking up at what he called "countdown times". For example at 4:32 am, 3:21 am, etc. This, he thinks, is indicative of Christ's soon return - that is: 'we're into the final countdown' before 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.

In Acts 8, the Holy Spirit talked to Philip in a clear and unambiguous way. Philip heard from the Holy Spirit like He was another person standing right next to him. Philip received clear instructions. Acts 2 says to me that we should expect the Holy Spirit to speak in a similar way in these last days.

On December 7th, I asked God to show me if my ministry of end time focus is worthwhile. I asked Him to show me by waking me up with a so-called "countdown time". I woke up that morning at 4:32am. Was this my subconscious playing tricks on me? Well, my clock is about 12 feet from my bed, and I don't have a hope of subconsciously seeing my clock unless I physically get up out of bed and put my glasses on first. I don't see my clock unless I make a conscious effort to see it.

Last night I meditated on God's Word before bed, and got down on my knees and thanked God for safety and protection over my family, and thanked him for caring
enough for me to ensure that I have a way to spend eternity with Him (what a thought: that God is even mindful of little old us!). Incidentally, I get on my knees and pray face down like the Muslims do 5 times a day. I figure if Muslims can pray to a false god 5 times a day on their knees and face, CERTAINLY I can pray on my knees and face to the only true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel (amen??). When I prayed, I casually asked God for a sign, if He thought I needed one, that what I'm jabbering about on this blog is useful and timely in His service (i.e. am I doing for Him now, what I'm supposed to be doing?). I didn't plead for a sign because I am already confident that God is actively working out his plan for this world, and that we are in the end times. I just prayed that if God wants to give me confirmation, then please show me.

I got up this morning when my clock said '3:47am', which didn't seem significant in the least, except for the fact that it was really early. It didn't seem significant until I figured out that every other clock in my house read: 2:47am. Somehow my clock in my bedroom was put forward by one hour.

This was pretty surprising to me because you have to realize that I was raised in a VERY conservative German, Baptist church, and signs and wonders are not what I was raised to, frankly, believe in in our present day. However, I have this thought: since we see the end time Gog&Magog war forming in the Middle East, and regathered Israel is being picked on by Ahmadinejad and Islam as per Psalm 83, let's be open to God's Holy Spirit and expect to hear from Him like Acts 2 says. I think God is willing to speak to sincere Christ-followers like He perhaps hasn't spoken since the Acts 2 Pentecost.

We got to remember to pray 1 John 4:1-2 when receiving these signs too, because the Devil is very crafty. Praise the Lord, Christ has conquered death and the Devil, and we can have victory just by asking and believing in Christ!

1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. 3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here. 1 John 4:1-3


Speaking of Psalm 83:5, The Vehement Anti-Israel, Arab bloc is forming
Monday night, Dec. 10 Cairo announced plans to resume diplomatic relations with Tehran.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Endtime- I believe God was confirming your work for Him on this blog. So many people are waking up at 3-4am that I have for some time thought that God is bringing us to prayer at that time. I read somewhere that this corresponds to the fourth watch in the Bible when Jesus prayed. I know that the Caffeine Journal has been a blessing to me and a tool to pass on to others.
I'm glad you shared that you pray as you do. I've do the same but have always wondered if its 'ok', so that was an answer to my question.

Jamie

Endtime said...

Thanks for your kind words, Jamie.

I don't think there's any problem praying in that manner. I have no doubt I'll be on my hands, knees and face worshipping when Christ comes back.

JeepThang said...

Great post!

I've seen some of those forums that you've mentioned (and always looking for more).. one thing tho is that they're mostly disappointing to me. Even though I take what I see or hear with a grain of salt, there is still the hope that maybe *this message* will be *the* one.. the one that actually pans out.

And yes.. I've wondered why God doesn't talk to some of these people like he did in days of olde.

One of these days He will.. and He will say, "Come to me, My children!"

I hope its soon.. as we measure "soon."

Endtime said...

Amen to that JT!