Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Haggai 2:
18
“Think about this eighteenth day of December, the day when the foundation of the Lord’s Temple was laid. Think carefully. 19 I am giving you a promise now while the seed is still in the barn. You have not yet harvested your grain, and your grapevines, fig trees, pomegranates, and olive trees have not yet produced their crops. But from this day onward I will bless you.”
Promises for Zerubbabel
20 On that same day, December 18, the Lord sent this second message to Haggai: 21 “Tell Zerubbabel, the governor of Judah, that I am about to shake the heavens and the earth. 22 I will overthrow royal thrones and destroy the power of foreign kingdoms. I will overturn their chariots and riders. The horses will fall, and their riders will kill each other.

23 “But when this happens, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, I will honor you, Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, my servant. I will make you like a signet ring on my finger, says the Lord, for I have chosen you. I, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Endtime- The date given in Haggai 2:18 [the twentyfourth day of the ninth month] correspondes to the date [Dec. 11, 1917] that Gen. Allenby took control of Jerusalem from the turks. vs.20: Haggai is given another word from the LORD on the same day......thinking, thinking......this hasn't been fulfilled yet.......40 year cycle..this year? Dec. 18? or 50 year-Jubilee cycle-2017? 1917-1967=50years, 1967-2017=50years.

Jamie

Endtime said...

You know, I don't know why this passage has been burning a hole in my brain lately, so I just posted it with no comments.

Perhaps I'm just really, really hoping for the "40-year cycle" scenario you mention, and that we'll be gone in less than a week. Hee, hee - sure would be cool to leave this passage as one of the last posts on this blog, if it actually does happen in 1967+40.

Thanks much for the Allenby comment. I wasn't aware of that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Endtime- more on Allenby: The year 1917 is the date stamped on turkish coins minted that year. On the other side of the coins was the year 1335, according to the turkish calendar. This was the last year for the Turkish calendar- they switched to solar in 1918. [Dan.12:12]

Anonymous said...

PS- the way Allenby conquered Jerusalem is often seen as fulfillment of Isaiah 31:4-5

Jamie