Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Today's society is (mostly) Sodom and Gomorrah

Yesterday, up here in primarily ungodly Canada, a national newspaper ran the story of California's horrific wildfires. This paper also allows readers to leave comments, so I as part of the tiny, minority Christian community in Canada, decided to post a warning that the wild fires could be God's judgment for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's signing of an "anti-family/pro-gay/pro-transexual/pro-bi-sexual" law. In case you missed the story on the signing of this bill, here it is:

'Mom' and 'Dad' banished by California
Schwarzenegger signs law outlawing terms perceived as negative to 'gays'


Upon posting my comment I immediately received a backlash from other readers that I thought I should share with you. This experience gave me a confirmation of how immoral society has become:

My comment:
God's judgment

Schwarzenegger just passed "anti-traditional family" legislation last week. Something about preventing the words: "mom and dad" in school curriculum since it's not representative of "all" CA families.

Play with fire: and that's exactly what you'll get. That isn't meant to be a funny pun or hate-speech, but a desperate warning.


Responses to my comment [my comments inserted in blue]:

F/A josquin from van, Canada writes: It is wildfire and a few arsonists. It is not 'god's judgement' (sic).
Man, you god-believers have no lives, do you?

Blue Rozes from United States writes: Do you believe the same judgement (sic) for the events of Dec. 26, 2005 [I haven't had time to look up what this means yet - ??]

P Jones from NB, Canada writes: I highly doubt though that God would punish so many people indiscriminately over a decision that one individual made. Keep in mind that many of those affected by the fires may not support Arnold's decision. [God is capable of saving those who are true to Him, and destroying those who do not acknowledge Him, even in the midst of a huge, seemingly indiscriminate blaze]


F/A josquin from van, Canada writes: They [the U.S.] still believe in a non existent god in huge numbers, and odd how they are still visted (sic) by natural disasters, wars, sicknesses etc...give me a break, there is no god and we live on an unforgiving planet. Grow up

Stacey Allison from Toronto, Canada writes: [original in bold] If heaven's going to be full of judgemental (sic), homophobic, uncompassionate people like you, I'll gladly spend eternity in hell!

There was never any doubt in my mind that we are living in the last days.

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
2 Timothy 3:1-5

10 comments:

JeepThang said...

Sad, isn't it?

Im sure not shocked or surprised by any of those comments.

You did your job, its in God's hands now.

Michael said...

Brother,
Thanks for pointing out the possibility that these fires are in fact a taste of God's judgment. I also see a clear connection. God is sovereign and immutable. The same God that destroyed the earth by flood in Noah's day is the God we revere and worship today.

Blessings to you, brother.

-Michael

JeepThang said...

er.. are you sure it was I that helped connect the dots there?

anyway.. I dont know if you ever heard of Dimitri Duduman (http://www.handofhelp.com/index.php) or not.. he was a prophet. but his grandson, Michael Boldea runs a blog and website.
Hes got an article called "When God Chastens" in 2 parts, that you prolly should look at.
Heres the link to part 1
http://www.handofhelp.com/michael_25.php

Probably wouldnt hurt to share with RapAlert.

bunniegirl said...

You have a good point about judgment on California. It is indeed an evil place. I go there at least once a month and my husband goes there weekly to work. The comments from the newspaper seem to be just like most of the people I know. They just don't have time for all this religion stuff is what they say. God is holy and loves those who believe in Him but as for those who don't...well it will be interesting to say the least.

Endtime said...

I finally figured out what that one guy meant by events on December 26, 2005 (it just hit me - duh). It was the Indian Ocean Tsunami...

and yes, I do think that was God's judgment too! Indonesia is 98% Muslim and persecuting the Christian minority, immorality in Thailand (read: sex slaves), and generally unbelievers all around that whole area.

Now it is California's turn to get a warning to repent. Though I doubt anyone is listening - just like up here in Canada.

Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments.

Good night!

Endtime said...

Or was that Dec 26, 2004? Ah, whatever my comments don't change.

New_Beginning said...

Hi End Times,
Your latest entry has spurred me on to finish an article that I began about two weeks ago until my "day job" got into the way. It will be entitled "Shades of yes". Basically everything is good, nothing is bad.

The only thing thought to be "Bad" is questioning "Cultural diversity" or espousing moral values passed down since time began.

The folks in California are good people who have sadly lost their way. But the lost do not solely reside in California, and we as Christians, stuggling to maintain the rightious path, must continue to be the beacon that shines the light for others.

Last Sunday, the Church service was on "Christ and Labor laws". I chuckled at the title and thought to myself, "Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasars and to the lord what is the lord's". But that wasn't what the sermon was about. It was about the fact that we worry more about what our annual job appraisal evaluation is going to say than we do about what God is going to say to us about our "performance" on earth.

I was floor! My pastor was right! I DO spend more time and energy. For want!? A modest pension and a party at the end of thirty years???

I am now heading in a new direction. Yes, I still worry about my annual review, but is no longer what is driving me. My performance appraisal from God has my full attention. I've even created an annual work requirement statement and everything! (Yes, I know I'm very anal retentive!)

Endtime said...

A spiritual 'annual work requirement statement'? That's, uh...different. But good for you for taking it so seriously. Not much in this life is going to matter in eternity, other than what we each choose to do with Jesus.

I'm probably coming at it from the other end. I take my spiritual mission way more seriously than I do my day job. My day job has kinda made a 'detour to the dumpster', so to speak: I have lots of time on my hands and am still able to get promoted and commended for a job well done. I used to work in energy trading and marketing, which was go-go-go all the time and quite exciting. I now work for government which is somewhat boring and uneventful. But it gives me lots of time to think about more important things like my spiritual life mission, and allows me to spend lots of time with family. This job does have a couple benefits in that way.

take care.

JeepThang said...

Although.. when it all boils down.. "boring and uneventful" have alot going for it!

Back in 1987 a thought came to me while riding in the back of an ambulance: "Change is the only constant in the universe."

Boring is good, imo.

New_Beginning said...

Hi End Times,
Well I told ya I was "Anal". In all sincerity, I'm like most Christians I know. I try to lead a moral life and do more good things than bad. Recently, I feel the need to step it up a notch. I do believe that we live in the End Times and that the "status Quo" is no longer good enough. My spiritual EER as it were is basically a tool that is helping me jump start a more christ-like work ethic, and a more spiritually linked life style. Simply put, I need to be more open to what god is telling me rather than putting my wishes and desires ahead of gods.