Friday, November 30, 2007


I love today's "Verse of the Day":

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives. [2 Peter 3:10-11]

As I always say: that is the Global Warming event we all need to be concerned about. Rest assured: the earth will last long enough for God to destroy it by fire. It's great to take measures to try and care for God's creation, if it was recognized as such, but the vast majority of people are completely unprepared for the actual 'global warming' that is coming - and that will be an eternal, tragic mistake (and that's an understatement). Extremely, extremely sad.

Solar panels aren't going to shield any of us from the coming wrath of God. Trusting in Christ for our salvation and "living holy and godly lives" are the only preparations that will work.

I gotta think: with all that is happening around Israel today: How far are we from that day?


After Annapolis: Abbas' PA television erases Israel from map
Itamar Marcus and Barbara Crook of Palestinian Media Watch report that just a day later, "Mahmoud Abbas’s Palestinian Authority continues to paint a picture for its people of a world without Israel."

3 comments:

JeepThang said...

It would be interesting if we had a timeline with all the important parts to come already marked and noted.. just to see where we are on it right now.

Yes, thats unrealistic, but I have never liked waiting.

Endtime said...

I get tired and impatient of this ol' life. I am incredibly blessed with a healthy and God-fearing family, but I see that the world and the church are only becoming more lost and apostate as time passes, so what is God waiting for?!

...then I come to my senses and remember I'm merely personified dirt (aka "man") - I have NO RIGHT to question God's timing. I pray that more people would deny themselves, and come to accept,serve and depend on Jesus Christ. Plus that would make this waiting room, called earth, a whole lot more pleasant while we're waiting for Him to return.

JeepThang said...

Im with you there, tired and impatient.

One thing that has always impressed me was our perception of "passing of time."
Think of where you are at this moment and time will seem slow and steady.. but if you look back on the last year, time went by fairly quick. Look on the last 10 years.. its a blur.
One of these days we're all going to run out of time, whether Jesus returns or whether our individual time on this planet is finished.
Even tho I'm impatient.. either of those days will come soon enough.. too soon for many.

I knew this guy here in town.. he was 38, had a heart attack in his sleep and never woke up. I'm 37 and don't take care of my body. It makes me anxious. :)