Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Anyone who thinks a lasting peace will begin at Annapolis, Maryland next week is delusional:

Abbas' Fatah and Hamas continue to threaten Israel

Ido Zoldan, 29, of Shavei Shomron, was killed at the wheel of his car in a drive-by shooting in N. West Bank Monday night, Nov. 19, claimed by Fatah-Al Aqsa Brigades. At his briefing Tuesday to the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Security Committee, Lt. Gen. Gaby Ashkenazi confirmed Fatah were the perpetrators. The attack took place hours after Abbas met with Israeli PM Ehud Olmert and assured him his organization could and would combat Palestinian terror.

Olmert hopes for a peace deal in 2008
Olmert in the past has said that he hoped to make serious strides toward such a deal before US President George W. Bush leaves office in January 2009.

"A week before the conference, both sides need to work to make it a success. I want to see serious negotiations begin there on all issues of a final settlement between Israel and the Palestinians, according to a set timeline. I am looking forward to constructive positions from Prime Minister Olmert to establish the foundations (of peace) and ensure the success of the conference," [Egyptian President] Mubarak said.


Dr. Condoleezza Rice and President Bush are just fooling themselves into thinking they can leave a legacy of peace in the Middle East starting with next week's Annapolis conference. They have high hopes, but as professing Christians, they should know better. But that's a sign of the current day - the apostate Laodicean church dominates the earth today just as predicted in Revelation 3. Today most churches water down the Gospel, and ignore the Old Testament so that conviction of sin is rare, and Israel's obvious destiny is ignored. It's all about fitting into the world and not "creating too many waves".

If you're in an odd church that still preaches the unadulterated Gospel-praise the Lord! But pray for our kids because churches will generally only become more corrupted by the world, until Christ comes back to straighten it all out.

5 comments:

JeepThang said...

"Delusional" is the perfect word for that.

I'm sitting here waiting for the shoe to drop.

Anonymous said...

Hey Endtime...am I remembering correctly that a few months ago you tried to share on Joel's site that Christians should be prepared to go through the Tribulation? After digging around in my Bible, I think I may agree with you - yikes! I was raised Southern Baptist and I've been looking for the pre-trib rapture since I was 10. God's Word just doesn't promise that, does it? In fact, this young man gives a very good explanation that we will go through the Tribulation. Check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVMiGT5cVnE&feature=related

Thought you might like to know that you did cause one person to think about it and dig in the Word for the Truth. Now I can at least be prepared for the worst and not lose my faith if it happens. Thanks.

Endtime said...

anonymous,

Rest assured that whatever happens, if you have Christ, you have no worries. We can face death or a rapture with complete confidence.

I don't remember talking about the big -"T" tribulation on Joel's blog. I'm actually not a believer in the traditional theory of Daniel's 70th week representing a future 7-year period, where the anti-Christ will be revealed 3.5 years into it.

Shocking as that may sound (coming from this Baptist-raised Christian) I am more convinced of the 70th week representing a special/unique time period, much like the Year of Jubilee, or the 50th year in Judaism.

Ellis H. Skolfield goes into this explanation in depth in the material on his web site, if you want more details of where I'm coming from.

I think Ellis Skolfield correctly identified Islam as the final enemy of the church before Christ's return, and he did that 30 years ago. Who is the greatest threat to re-gathered Israel today? All the Muslims surrounding Israel. That's what made me sit up, pay attetion, and read Skolfield's book - The False Prophet.

I think today's church is generally described as the self-satisfied Laodicean church of Revelation 3, and therefore, we're the last church before Christ comes back. I believe Christ will come back "pre-wrath", just before the Day of the Lord, where the sun and moon refuse to shine. I also think that small-"t" tribulation is going on right now. So many minority Christians today are losing their lives for their faith; some of them are beheaded by Muslims.

Keep digging into the Bible anonymous! I believe we're very close to the end. Pray, like I do, that you are counted worthy to escape these things which are about to happen.

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:36

Endtime said...

jeepthang (pb&j),

I'm freakin' out!! And that's saying a lot coming from this accountant (lol).

What's going to come out of the Annapolis conference? I'm looking with complete expectation for the Lord's possible return soon. I don't know if 1967 + 40 years = 2007 is significant, but put it this way:

I'm on my knees most nights praying for Christ's coming. It would be soo cool - I'm so ready to go. This life is pretty good (praise God), but it pales in comparison to our eternal home. Mind boggling really.

JeepThang said...

I know what you mean.. life has been .. er.. interesting.. up to now and now things have settled down into a nice, comfortable routine with few surprises.
But.. I would trade all of that for Heaven in, literally, a heartbeat. I can't wait.
My family already knows, if given a choice between Heaven and earth, don't expect me home for dinner.