Tuesday, July 10, 2012


Russia Sends Warships on Maneuvers Near Syria - NYTimes.com
Russia, which seems intent on positioning itself as an increasingly decisive broker in the Syrian crisis, announced on Tuesday that a flotilla of navy vessels had sailed to the Mediterranean Sea and some would dock in the Syrian port of Tartus. The naval group includes several landing craft with marines.


DEBKAfile: NATO, Russian naval-air buildup in E. Mediterranean, French units to Gulf
"A flotilla of at least 11 Russian warships has been detached from Caspian Sea, Black Sea and North Sea fleet bases and is on its way to the Syrian coast for a maneuver; NATO has consigned its rapid response Maritime Group 2 to the same stretch of sea - where also five Israeli warships are deployed. The Western alliance has also increased surveillance flights over the Mediterranean from the Geilenkirchen air base in Germany."


Joel 3:
1 “At the time of those events,” says the Lord,
    “when I restore the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather the armies of the world
    into the valley of Jehoshaphat.
There I will judge them
    for harming my people, my special possession,
for scattering my people among the nations,
    and for dividing up my land.




No comments: