Saturday, September 27, 2008

After last night's presidential debate, here's a brief political commercial.

I find it strange - there's also a Canadian federal election going on right now, but I find myself engrossed in the American Presidential election instead. I definitely believe the American election will have a greater influence on me (and my end time beliefs) than the next federal Canadian leader. Canada is such an insignificant player on the world stage, for which I am actually thankful. It means less potential for God's judgment since Canada isn't forcing Israel to concede more land to the 'Palestinians'.


Palin urged to give up candidacy

Associated Press

WASHINGTON–A conservative columnist who welcomed Sarah Palin's entry in national politics says she's proven to be a dud and should step aside as Republican presidential candidate John McCain's running mate.

Kathleen Parker, writing in the National Review Online, says her "cringe reflex is exhausted" after watching the Alaska governor stumble through TV interviews and it's become clear to her that Palin is out of her league.

As an unbiased, conservative Canadian viewing the presidential election from the outside, I'd have to agree that unfortunately Palin's ambition is greater than her ability. It's too bad really because there are so many brilliant, capable women out there who could have been considered as McCain's running mate. That's my 2 cents.

2 comments:

Dale Moguls I said...

i don't know how much american news you get in canada, but palin has been under the most heinous attack from the press that i have ever seen. not even nixon had it this bad. the press just makes up the most vile stuff about her and her family. i honestly don't know how she's managed to handle the pressure as well as she has.

not only that, but there's a big segment of conervatives that have an ivy league/ coastal bial every bit as strong as liberals. also, many of them never liked mccain and would like him to lose so that the republicans could come back in 2012 with someone more conservative.

yeah, she's inexperienced, but she's got tem times as much experience as obama. but nobody says anything about that because he's black. he's been given a total and complete pass from the press.

remember, she's an avowed christian who carried to term her DS son. she is a slap in the face of pro-abortion
liberals and they are screaming, howling mad over her nomination.

Endtime said...

Yeah, I don't doubt that the media is on a completely biased feeding frenzy. I think her story is very admirable, but it doesn't seem to me like she's got the 'executive office' mentality, or the eloquence of speech to be in such high office. Her interviews are not very good - that could be selective editing by the liberal media, but I think the Republican party is perceiving it too and that's why they're limiting her media interviews. Granted Biden has got the same issues with his off the cuff remarks.

This is just my 2 cents as an uninvolved Canadian. If I was American, I'd vote Republican, but I'd be concerned with a 72 year old candidate and the potential that Palin may have to step in as president in the next 4 years.

Obama? He's just a junior senator who has come out of nowhere, but has the right power base behind him. But he's also got the ability to stay reasonably clear of 'media land mines' and traps IMO. Regardless, I would never vote for his views.