Thursday, May 17, 2007


An alleged plot by Hamas militants to assassinate Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas was revealed on Thursday "Abu Mazen's (Abbas's) visit to Gaza was cancelled after the discovery of a tunnel under Salaheddine Road full of explosives placed by the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades to blow up (his) convoy," said a senior security official, referring to Hamas's military wing."

Israel air force bombs Hamas installation in Gaza City Thursday after 15-missile barrage hits Sderot and environs, injuring two Israelis. Six Hamas fighters killed, 10 injured in toppled building. Israeli tanks take up“look-out” positions near Sedjaiya

Kassam rockets continued to bombard Sderot on Thursday morning, after over 20 rockets hit the western Negev on Wednesday.

I like to keep a close eye on what is happening in the Gaza strip and in Lebanon. You might have noticed that I put Joel 3:4 in the right margin of my blog. I think we may be at this point in God's calendar - just prior to the Day of the Lord, as described in Joel 1-3. I can believe that God is asking today: What have you against me Gaza and Lebanon? Israel had the Lebanon war with Hezb'allah last summer; and this spring it looks like the main battlefield is against Gaza, or ancient Philistia. The second half of Joel 3:4 is what we need to pay close attention to: "...If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done." Israel is back in a portion of its God-given land; God is in the process of restoring Israel (Ezekiel 36-37; Matthew 24:32); right now Hamas and Fatah in Gaza and Hez'ballah in Lebanon are some of the most prominent enemies of the remnant of Israel. I think the only time we should be keeping our eyes SHUT is when we are praying for Israel and repentance of our unbelieving friends (OK, you can close your eyes when sleeping too - lol), but otherwise, I believe God is accomplishing amazing things in our day that we need to keep our eyes WIDE OPEN to. May our priorities be completely in line with God's will in these last days.

LEAVING COMMENTS: I'm having some technical difficulties with my blog with comments left by readers. I haven't been deleting them!! I'm not sure how to fix this problem (anyone have any ideas?), but please be aware that any comments you leave are forwarded to my email address, so I still read them all. Now my problem is getting my responses back to you. ?!?


Notable story from WND today: Sex, violence, cannibalism could get Bible sealed. Hundreds urge authorities to classify Good Book as 'indecent' material

No comments: