Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Here's an excellent link that I highly recommend:

Behold the Beast

I know that many Christians who come to this site are adamant about their end time beliefs, but I challenge you to read and examine this website with your Bible on your lap. I too used to strongly believe in the traditional theory of a pre-7-year-tribulation rapture, where the anti-Christ will arise out of a revived Roman empire, 3.5 years into Daniel's 70th week, etc (btw: check out the countries that made up the Eastern half of the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire), but I think this website makes a lot of sense: much end time prophesy has already been fulfilled in the religion of Islam, which the West is fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and covertly in Syria today. In my opinion, much prophesy isn't waiting to be fulfilled in a future Daniel's 70th week.

As long as you're a Christian, your end time beliefs won't affect your salvation. So consider
this post as just a warning, that we could be closer to the Day of the Lord's wrath than 99.9% of Christians think. I don't write on my blog to endlessly/pointlessly argue with other Christians. I only want to encourage people to watch current events in the Middle East, with at least a fraction of one eye, looking for Christ's physical return:

Acts, chapter 1:

9 When he had said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 While he was going and they were gazing up toward heaven, suddenly two men in white robes stood by them. 11 They said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great Link. I am not sure I buy the whole rapture theory either. The church has bought into it quite well considering it is such new theology. That makes me suspicious in a world where Rick Warren is the greatest pastor around (MUCH sarcasm there.)
Know of any places that we can freely discuss these ideas? RR certainly will not let us. I am interested in reading other intelligent discussions about the theory rather than rhetoric about us being swept up in the sky at some point.

Endtime said...

bethany,

The "behold the beast" website is based on the teachings of Ellis Skolfield. Here's a discussion forum from the publisher of Ellis Skolfield. I haven't spent too much time on it, but I think you'll find like minded people there. It's hard (impossible?) to refute the numerical accuracy of God's prophetic word, as pointed out by Ellis Skolfield.

Fish House Ministries

God bless.