Monday, May 21, 2007



DEBKfile: Hamas is determined to wipe Israel off the map and replace it with the state of Palestine, says Nizhar Riyah after six days of missile attacks
The Hamas official declared Monday, May 21, that the fundamentalist terrorists would fight until the “last Jew was expelled” - not only from Sderot but also from Ashkelon and “all of Palestine.” [that won't happen Nizhar] To those who urge talks with Hamas, DEBKAfile’s analysts say: It is too late. Their leaders are no longer seeking acceptance but have got the bit between their teeth. Gaza is today the most powerful Islamist terror base in the world. The only agenda for talks with Hamas now would be terms for Israel’s capitulation prior to its demise.

Nizhar Riyah desperately needs to read the following:

Joel 3 (NIV):
11
Come quickly, all you nations from every side,
and assemble there.
Bring down your warriors, O LORD!

12 "Let the nations be roused;
let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat,
for there I will sit
to judge all the nations on every side.

13 Swing the sickle,
for the harvest is ripe.
Come, trample the grapes,
for the winepress is full
and the vats overflow—
so great is their wickedness!"

14 Multitudes, multitudes
in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near
in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and moon will be darkened,
and the stars no longer shine.

16 The LORD will roar from Zion
and thunder from Jerusalem;
the earth and the sky will tremble.
But the LORD will be a refuge for his people,
a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Isaiah 45:9 (New Living Translation)

9 “What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator.
Does a clay pot argue with its maker?
Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying,
‘Stop, you’re doing it wrong!’
Does the pot exclaim,
‘How clumsy can you be?’

Isaiah 64:8 (New Living Translation)

8 And yet, O Lord, you are our Father.
We are the clay, and you are the potter.
We all are formed by your hand.

The clay can't fight against the potter and expect to win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi endtime- unbelievable how fast things are heating up!

I continue to have your unsaved family in my prayers. I pray you had an opportunity to share your faith in Jesus. Sunday here was difficult. My sons wife says she belives that God is love and that if you are a 'good person' and go to church you are saved. Using what I learned on 'the Way of the Master' I used the Ten Commandments to show that none of us are 'good people' in Gods eyes, that God is Love, and that is why He provided salvation through Jesus death and resurrection; that God is also just, and that only by confessing our sin and turning from sin and accepting Jesus as our Savior can we have forgiveness and not suffer the wrath of God. I also said that God is who He says He is and not who we decide He is, and He tells us who He is in the Bible. After the family left, I felt sad, and not sure I expressed Jesus the way I should have. I'm a very non-confrontational person so I felt I should have found a gentler way to exspress what I know is true. I know that only God can move a persons heart toward Him, but when it's someone I love who doesn't know the Truth, I get very emotionally involved. My grandon[15 years old] said our discussion ruined my granddaughters[ages 7 and 10] birthday party. So I feel badly about that as well.

I'm not sure why I wrote all this. Maybe you can give me some guidance for future discussions.

Jamie

Endtime said...

lightshine,

You planted a spiritual seed by saying words that I think are very appropriate. "Surely you will not die" was the lie Satan told Eve, and Satan is still using that lie today. People who rely solely on their "good lives" to get to heaven are going to hell without a doubt. There are no soothing words that can change that fact. Nothing but the blood of Jesus - as you know.

My wife also gets very emotional about the spiritual status of her family - none in her family are saved. But we do no favors for our unsaved family members when we pretend along with them that all is well, and that we're all going to live forever in heaven together.

I wouldn't feel badly about how you handled your conversation yesterday! It sounds like you are doing it gently, which I think is the right approach. You planted a seed; now we have to pray that God will water it so that it takes root. Our accountability is first and foremost to be obedient to God (make disciples is a big part of that). Continue to pray "like crazy" for your family. As you know the time is looking shorter all the time. It grieves me a great deal too, to see my in-laws, who are fantastic people, to see them ignore their need for the Savior. My wife and I have discussed a couple of times that going to a funeral of one of her family members would be/will be tremendously devastating emotionally unless they repent of their sin. BUT obviously we can't make the decision for them. We must trust and pray and be a great example of Christian service. I will definitely pray for your family.

My family gathering with my brother-in-law and family went well. My 6 year old son brought in one of my eschatology books entitled "From Iraq to Armageddon" by Keith Intrator (sp?) into the room where we adults were talking, and showed the title to everyone. That didn't lead to a discussion, because my in-laws are not open to spiritual discussion right now, but I know even that little event put questions into the minds of my in-laws. I told my son afterwards that when he brought that book into the room, God was working through him. He smiled, even though I don't think he grasped the full significance of how God answers prayer, and how a mustard seed (or deed) of faith can move an entire mountain. God is faithful. You know that. Trust and pray. That's our primary duty as Christians, the way I see it.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi endtime- thankyou for your encouraging words, and for your prayers for my family. I believe that when we pray for eachother, petitioning our Father for water, He will send the rain.

I also have the book 'From Iraq to Armaggedon'. ....Out of the mouths [and deeds] of little ones......May God bless you and your family.

Jamie