Sunday, December 05, 2010

Carving up the Old City? They'd get the Temple Mount.
Middle East peace talks get serious - BostonHerald.com: "Abbas has said that if peace negotiations collapse, the Palestinians might seek unilateral U.N. recognition of a state in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem, territories Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast War.

Joel 3:
1 “At the time of those events,” says the Lord,
      “when I restore the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem,
 2 I will gather the armies of the world
      into the valley of Jehoshaphat.
   There I will judge them
      for harming my people, my special possession,
   for scattering my people among the nations,
      and for dividing up my land.
 3 They threw dice to decide which of my people
      would be their slaves.
   They traded boys to obtain prostitutes
      and sold girls for enough wine to get drunk. 4 “What do you have against me, Tyre and Sidon and you cities of Philistia? Are you trying to take revenge on me? If you are, then watch out! I will strike swiftly and pay you back for everything you have done.
    
(click to enlarge map)
  Note the location of Tyre, Sidon and Philistia

Tyre and Sidon are in southern Lebanon (government=Hezb'allah) 
and Philistia is Gaza (government=Hamas) 
Two of Israel's most vehement enemies




Iran claims it can now bypass U.N. nuclear fuel sanctions - The Globe and Mail: "Iran claimed Sunday it could now use domestically mined uranium to produce nuclear fuel, giving the country complete control over a process the West suspects is geared toward producing weapons."

No comments: