Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Shattered Peace: Violence erupts in Gaza
Israeli troops and Palestinian militants clashed in a fierce gunbattle along the Israel-Gaza border late Tuesday.


Whenever there are 'earth-shaping' events, like the
American election today , I can't help but watch Israel more closely. I imagine Christ's coming could very much be under conditions just like today: when people are completely distracted with something else...He comes.

1 Thessalonians 5:

1 Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don’t really need to write you. 2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. 3 When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.

4 But you aren’t in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won’t be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief. 5 For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don’t belong to darkness and night.





Decision Day


DEBKAfile: America elects its 44th President

Obama tells Abbas: I support dividing Jerusalem

If Obama wins today, as the American media is already telling us, Israel will have more to worry about in a less supportive president. It will seem like the whole world is against little Israel in a Zechariah 12:3 kind of way. Not to worry, if Obama wins it will only be because the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob allows it. HE is bringing this age to a conclusion and we are privileged to have the hindsight of fulfilled prophesy to rest assured that God is completely in control. Is Israel going to be wiped off the map again like Ahmadinejad would like? We can be absolutely sure that Israel is safe.

Isaiah 46:
9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.

12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
you who are far from righteousness.

13 I am bringing my righteousness near,
it is not far away;
and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
my splendor to Israel.

No comments: