Tuesday, December 23, 2008


An extremely sad life testament - Financier found dead after losses in Madoff alleged scheme
If you're only living for money what will you do when it's gone? Praise God he's given us a much higher purpose for living made possible through his son. Jesus said we must deny ourselves ("turn from our selfish ways") and follow him. What a lesson that is. A life of self-denial runs completely opposite to what the world tries to 'hammer' into our brains day after day. How tragically ironic that the shopping frenzy at Christmas is completely opposite to what Jesus taught. Satan must be laughing hysterically at what Jesus' birthday has become - I'm pretty sure Jesus isn't.

The current economic meltdown is a perfect time to reflect and re-adjust life priorities., whether it's forced on you or not. God is telling our self-indulgent generation to wake up and see his purpose for our lives. Not many more warnings will be given because the world is looking more like Sodom and Gomorrah every day.

Are we listening?

Mark 8: 34 Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

Galatians 2: 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.



US: Russia's S-300 missile sale to Iran marks Israel's decision point
In Moscow, a "military-diplomatic source" said Monday the S-300 systems are being packed up and prepared for shipment to Iran: "S-300 air defense systems," he added, "are expected to be delivered from the defense ministry's warehouses." The latter statement indicates that the missiles going to Iran are coming out of Russia's own emergency stores and not waiting to come off production lines.

No comments: