Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Enough said







1 Chronicles 16 NLT:
14 He is the Lord our God.
    His justice is seen throughout the land.
15 Remember his covenant forever—
    the commitment he made to a thousand generations.
16 This is the covenant he made with Abraham
    and the oath he swore to Isaac.
17 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree,
    and to the people of Israel as a never-ending covenant:
18 “I will give you the land of Canaan
    as your special possession.”

Seems the whole world is kicking and screaming about "Israel's invasion of Palestine." They are crying like babies with an equal dose of knowledge about what is going on in the world. Tragically (and pathetically) I'm even hearing this complaint in today's "church" as a pastor in a local church ( I can't even call it "my church") blindly once stated: "Israel has no theological right to the Land. " WHAT?! The only God, the God of Israel handed the land to Israel long ago. What are mere humans going to do to try and change this? Are they trying to rewrite the ending which has already been written?

The end of the age, which we're living in now, is characterized by man's final rebellion against God's plan for Israel. God's prophets in the Old Testament accurately testified that the END would be like this, the END would be like we're seeing every day in the media. There is nothing that will keep a prophecy from coming true, but I can't help wondering how ignorant and plain simple-minded unrepentant man is, and that includes those who are outside and inside the Spirit-starved church of today.

Israel has come alive again right in front of everyone's eyes, in perfect fulfillment of Daniel's "time, times and half a time" prophecies (there are two that point to Israel resurgence in our day - see Ellis H. Skolfield). And yet the vast majority in our time, seemingly an ever increasing majority, of the "wise" of our time completely reject that they are on a collision course railing against the coming Almighty One. How pointless is that?

My prayer for this generation, conceivably the "last generation", is that more would wake from their stupor, from their slumber, and realize that they need reconciliation with the Creator of All Things before it is too late. Look at Syria, Iran, Russia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon - the gathering storm clouds around Israel - clearly the last hour is here, but tomorrow the Son will come to Israel's rescue and He will shine for all eternity. There is nothing that will change that ending.

Isaiah 63 NLT:
"Who is this who comes from Edom,

    from the city of Bozrah,
    with his clothing stained red?
Who is this in royal robes,
    marching in his great strength?
“It is I, the Lord, announcing your salvation!
    It is I, the Lord, who has the power to save!”
2 Why are your clothes so red,
    as if you have been treading out grapes?
3 “I have been treading the winepress alone;
    no one was there to help me.
In my anger I have trampled my enemies
    as if they were grapes.
In my fury I have trampled my foes.
    Their blood has stained my clothes.
4 For the time has come for me to avenge my people,
    to ransom them from their oppressors.
5 I was amazed to see that no one intervened
    to help the oppressed.
So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm,
    and my wrath sustained me.
6 I crushed the nations in my anger
    and made them stagger and fall to the ground,
    spilling their blood upon the earth.”"


No comments: